Remove a Failed Device
Sometimes devices may fail and can't be removed using the regular exclusion method. In these cases, you'll need to use a 3rd party tool to remove the failed device.
- Download Zensys Tools
- Right click the zip, choose properties then make sure it's "Unblocked" by clicking on the unblock button
- Extract all files inside the zip to a separate folder
- Go Offline by clicking the online/offline button in the lower right hand corner of your InControl program
- Start ZWaveController.exe from the folder where you extracted the Zensys tools
- Go to "Categories" settings and choose your main controller
- Select the device you wish to remove
- Click the "Remove Failed" icon. Note that if your window isn't large enough, it'll be hidden in the over-flow.